Brunch is a great meal, and Jackson and Rye do it really well. Or so i’ve been told.
Going to an American style diner seems like it will be tricky for a vegetarian, and at first glance at the menu, i thought it would be hard.
The options for us are:
- Berry Pancakes
- Caramelised Banana Pancakes
- The Forager (fried eggs, halloumi, kale & spinach, tomato salsa, avocado, mushroom, spiced black beans and granary toast)
- Avocado Florentine (buttered spinach, poached eggs, hollandaise, watercress and granary toast)
- Health Nut Salad (quinoa, seeds, broccoli, chickpeas, tomato salsa, fennel & guacamole)
- Avocado and Ricotta Salad (baby gem lettuce, garlic ricotta, chopped egg, capers & toasted seeds)
- House Made Spiced Quinoa Burger (brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, guacamole, chipotle mayo and fries)
- Plenty of sides/ pastries
There are different menus for weekday breakfasts and lunch set menu (which was a choice between a mushroom pasta, and Avocado and Ricotta Salad).
I went for The Forager. It was really good, it was a big portion and i wasn’t left feeling like i had missed out.
All in all, i would say, although there aren’t a huge amount of options, what they do offer is of really good quality.
Eat Without The Meat rating: 7.5/10