Piazza Firenze is a small italian restaurant located on Godalming high street (although there are also ones in Teddington and Hampton Hill). With many large chain italian restaurants on the high street, it is nice to see a small place like this doing well. We had noticed that it often quite busy, which is a good sign.
For starters, you can choose from pizza garlic bread, bruschetta or Verdure (Grilled artichoke, aubergine, buffalo mozzarella & sun-dried tomato with a balsamic, basil & olive dressing. I went straight in for a main course. The options are:
- Risotto Porri – Arborio rice with leeks,spinach, garlic, chilli, tomato sauce & goats cheese
- Penne Primavera Pasta – Courgettes, garlic, chilli, tomato sauce, topped with ricotta cheese & baby spinach
- Tortelloni ~ Mushroom stuffed tortelloni with a creamy gorgonzola sauce, spinach pesto & pine kernals
- Tricolore Salad – Sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, olives, fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes & olive oil
- Margherita Pizza – Mozzarella cheese, tomato
- Quattro Formaggi Pizza – Four cheeses and tomato
- Fiorentina Pizza – Mozzarella cheese, tomato, spinach, egg, olives and garlic
- Vegetariana Pizza – Tomato, mozzarella cheese, roasted mediterranean vegetables & goats cheese
As you can see, there is a good range of options (i have the Fiorentina), and the desserts were vegetarian too, I couldn’t see the menu online, but I went for Tiramisu when i was there. After visiting, I can see why it is always busy, the food was delicious, and as with many italian restaurants, the selection was pretty good. No vegan options though.
Eat Without The Meat rating: 8/10