We had high hopes for this place. It is often busy, and looks different to your usual restaurant. As one of the last restaurants we had let to try in Godalming, and were looking forward to some delicious Sicilian food.
The menu isn’t overly inspiring, but there are a few choices (not if you’re vegan though).
Here are you options for a main course at dinner:
- TALEGGIO, RADICCHIO E NOCI – taleggio cheese fondue, radicchio & walnut
- LA NORMA – pomodoro, aubergines, salted ricotta
- RISOTTO PORCINI E ZUCCA – butternut squash & porcini risotto
- PARMIGIANA DI MELANZANE – aubergine, tomato, mozzarella, basil & parmesan
- Goat’s cheese & pickled beetroot, red onion jam, pine kernels, sultanas, balsamic glaze
Now, if you are anything like me, you will have already spotted a couple of red flags. Firstly, parmesan isn’t vegetarian. Tut tut. And, after a quick Google, I discovered that taleggio cheese is also not veggie friendly. Again, bad form from Barbaracca.
i went for the La Norma pasta (as i don’t like sultanas and i’m not a massive fan of mushroom dishes). To be honest, i could have made the same dish in my kitchen, and i’m no chef. It wasn’t unpleasant, but if you are after italian food, just head to Pizza Express/ Prezzo/ Zizzi etc. It is cheaper there, and in my opinion, much nicer.
The meat eaters in the group weren’t impressed either.
Eat Without The Meat rating: 2/10